Two killed in armed attack on Lahore court complex
Lahore: Two persons, including a lawyer,
were killed and four others injured in Pakistan when a group
of armed men carried out an attack on a court complex in
Punjab`s provincial capital today, police said.
The unidentified men stormed the sessions court
complex in Katcheri Road and opened fire with their weapons.
They also lobbed several grenades though only one went
A lawyer named Chaudhry Mehboob was killed in the
One of the attackers was killed in retaliatory firing
by the police.
A six-year-old child was among the four persons who
There were conflicting reports about the motive for
the attack, police said.
According to one report, the armed men were trying to
free some prisoners brought to the court complex by police.
Another report said the attackers had specifically
targeted a lawyer.
Witnesses said most of the attackers fled after police
There was also a report that a lawyer fired at the
attackers with his personal weapon.
The attack triggered panic in the court complex and
people ran helter-skelter.
Police later cordoned off the area and blocked nearby
roads. A search was launched for the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder