Two killed in armed attack on Lahore court complex
Lahore: Two persons, including a lawyer,
were killed and four others injured in Pakistan when a group
of armed men carried out an attack on a court complex in
Punjab`s provincial capital today, police said.
The unidentified men stormed the sessions court
complex in Katcheri Road and opened fire with their weapons.
They also lobbed several grenades though only one went
A lawyer named Chaudhry Mehboob was killed in the
One of the attackers was killed in retaliatory firing
by the police.
A six-year-old child was among the four persons who
There were conflicting reports about the motive for
the attack, police said.
According to one report, the armed men were trying to
free some prisoners brought to the court complex by police.
Another report said the attackers had specifically
targeted a lawyer.
Witnesses said most of the attackers fled after police
There was also a report that a lawyer fired at the
attackers with his personal weapon.
The attack triggered panic in the court complex and
people ran helter-skelter.
Police later cordoned off the area and blocked nearby
roads. A search was launched for the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security