Two killed in Nepal, 665 Holi revellers arrested
Kathmandu: A girl and a boy were killed on Wednesday after falling from buildings while playing Holi in Nepal and four people were injured in a scuffle, even as 665 revellers were arrested for allegedly showing indecent behaviour, police said as they warned the pranksters with jail.
Those who threw water balloons mainly to women were penalised, Superintendent of Police Rajendra Shrestha said.
Meanwhile, the police have arrested 665 people, including 10 girls from different parts of the capital in
connection with allegedly playing Holi in an indecent manner. Simran Karki, 17, a nursing student, fell off the roof of a three-storey building while exchanging colours as part of Holi festival celebration, a media report said.
Critically injured Karki was rushed to B&B Hospital where she breathed her last. People in Nepal are this week celebrating Holi.
Another 10-year-old boy who fell from a building at Bhadrakali village in the outskirt of Kathmandu died while undergoing treatment in Maharajgunj Teaching Hospital.
The police have seized 141 motorbikes after a crackdown on revellers. Four cars were also seized by the police. Police has warned the pranksters with jail.
Those riding motorbikes after consuming cannabis were arrested, the police said. The police has issued a notice asking the people to play Holi in a descent manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen