Two killed in Pakistan blast
Peshawar: At least two persons were killed and several others injured when a bomb ripped through a rickshaw near a police check post in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday.
The explosion occurred in Chamkani area of Peshawar, the provincial capital of Khyber-Pakthunkhwa province.
According to initial reports, the three-wheeler rickshaw exploded with a loud bang, leaving two dead and several wounded.
Several neighbouring buildings and vehicles sustained damages while the rickshaw and one motorbike were destroyed completely in the blast.
The police and rescue teams rushed to the scene and shifted the injured to hospital after cordoning off the area.
The bomb disposal squad has also been called to the scene to collect samples of explosives.
It is feared that the death toll could rise as several injured are in very serious condition, hospital sources said.
Meanwhile, a bomb blast occurred outside the shrine of Baba Saheb. No one was injured in the blast.
Police sources said some unidentified persons had planted explosive materials outside the shrine, a few kilometres away from the Charsadda city.
They said the unidentified men fled from the scene after planting the explosives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued