Two militants killed, 4 detained over Quetta attacks on Shias
Islamabad: Two members of the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, responsible for terror attacks on Shias were killed and four detained during a pre-dawn operation by security forces in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Friday.
Frontier Corps personnel surrounded a house during a raid in Nawan Kili area of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province, early this morning.
People inside the house opened fire at the security personnel, who retaliated and killed two members and detained Four other members of the LeJ during the operation.
Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal Jamaat, a group having close links with the LeJ, organised protests in Quetta and Karachi demanding action against the personnel who killed the two LeJ members today.
ASWJ has called for a day-long strike in Quetta tomorrow.
Four Frontier Corps personnel injured in the shootout were admitted to a military hospital, officials said.
In a separate development, police found and defused an improvised explosive device at Satellite Town in Quetta today.
The bomb, which contained about five kilograms of explosives, had been planted against the wall of a house, police officials said.
Balochistan which is currently under Governor’s Rule, launched a crackdown on the LeJ after it claimed responsibility for a bomb attack in a Shia-dominated area of Quetta that killed 91 people on February 16.
It has also claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombings that killed 92 Shia Hazaras on January 10.
Security forces launched the crackdown on February 19, killing four LeJ members and detaining 170 suspects.
Officials claimed the mastermind of the February 16 bombing was among the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'