Two militants, policeman killed in shootout in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Two militants and a policeman were killed in a shootout in Bannu district of northwest Pakistan Sunday, police officials said.
The gun battle began when militants attacked a police team at Abshar Chowk in Bannu and killing a Frontier Reserve Police personnel.
The policemen chased the militants and killed two of them in an exchange of fire.
One of the dead militants was identified as a nephew of slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike.
Police said they had found four Kalashnikovs, two pistols, four grenades, two mobiles and ammunition in the possession of the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh