Two militants, policeman killed in shootout in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Two militants and a policeman were killed in a shootout in Bannu district of northwest Pakistan Sunday, police officials said.
The gun battle began when militants attacked a police team at Abshar Chowk in Bannu and killing a Frontier Reserve Police personnel.
The policemen chased the militants and killed two of them in an exchange of fire.
One of the dead militants was identified as a nephew of slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike.
Police said they had found four Kalashnikovs, two pistols, four grenades, two mobiles and ammunition in the possession of the militants.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video