Two militants, policeman killed in shootout in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Two militants and a policeman were killed in a shootout in Bannu district of northwest Pakistan Sunday, police officials said.
The gun battle began when militants attacked a police team at Abshar Chowk in Bannu and killing a Frontier Reserve Police personnel.
The policemen chased the militants and killed two of them in an exchange of fire.
One of the dead militants was identified as a nephew of slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike.
Police said they had found four Kalashnikovs, two pistols, four grenades, two mobiles and ammunition in the possession of the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III