Two militants, policeman killed in shootout in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Two militants and a policeman were killed in a shootout in Bannu district of northwest Pakistan Sunday, police officials said.
The gun battle began when militants attacked a police team at Abshar Chowk in Bannu and killing a Frontier Reserve Police personnel.
The policemen chased the militants and killed two of them in an exchange of fire.
One of the dead militants was identified as a nephew of slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike.
Police said they had found four Kalashnikovs, two pistols, four grenades, two mobiles and ammunition in the possession of the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today