Two militants, policeman killed in shootout in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Two militants and a policeman were killed in a shootout in Bannu district of northwest Pakistan Sunday, police officials said.
The gun battle began when militants attacked a police team at Abshar Chowk in Bannu and killing a Frontier Reserve Police personnel.
The policemen chased the militants and killed two of them in an exchange of fire.
One of the dead militants was identified as a nephew of slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike.
Police said they had found four Kalashnikovs, two pistols, four grenades, two mobiles and ammunition in the possession of the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog