Two Pak soldiers killed as troops foil suicide att
Islamabad: At least two Pakistani soldiers were killed and four others injured on Wednesday during an attempt by a pair of suicide bombers in an explosives-laden vehicle to blow up an army camp in the restive South Waziristan tribal region.
Sentries at the Zarai Noor army camp in Wana, the main town of South Waziristan, spotted the two suicide attackers in their vehicle when they were about 100 metres from the camp early this morning, military sources said.
The troops opened fire and both suicide attackers were killed when the vehicle blew up, the sources said, adding two soldiers were also killed and four more injured in the incident.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
Yesterday, nine people were injured when a suicide attacker rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Bannu town of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, which is located a short distance from North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy