Two Pak soldiers killed as troops foil suicide att
Islamabad: At least two Pakistani soldiers were killed and four others injured on Wednesday during an attempt by a pair of suicide bombers in an explosives-laden vehicle to blow up an army camp in the restive South Waziristan tribal region.
Sentries at the Zarai Noor army camp in Wana, the main town of South Waziristan, spotted the two suicide attackers in their vehicle when they were about 100 metres from the camp early this morning, military sources said.
The troops opened fire and both suicide attackers were killed when the vehicle blew up, the sources said, adding two soldiers were also killed and four more injured in the incident.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
Yesterday, nine people were injured when a suicide attacker rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Bannu town of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, which is located a short distance from North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back