Two Pak soldiers killed as troops foil suicide att
Islamabad: At least two Pakistani soldiers were killed and four others injured on Wednesday during an attempt by a pair of suicide bombers in an explosives-laden vehicle to blow up an army camp in the restive South Waziristan tribal region.
Sentries at the Zarai Noor army camp in Wana, the main town of South Waziristan, spotted the two suicide attackers in their vehicle when they were about 100 metres from the camp early this morning, military sources said.
The troops opened fire and both suicide attackers were killed when the vehicle blew up, the sources said, adding two soldiers were also killed and four more injured in the incident.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
Yesterday, nine people were injured when a suicide attacker rammed his explosives-laden vehicle into the gate of a police station in Bannu town of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, which is located a short distance from North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption