Two Pak soldiers killed in blast
Islamabad: Two Pakistani soldiers were killed and four others injured on Wednesday in a blast in the country`s restive South Waziristan tribal region.
Pakistani military sources said the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was planted on the roadside in Zatrai village.
"Two soldiers were killed and four were injured," sources said.
South Waziristan, a site of frequent US drone strikes, is one of seven semi-autonomous tribal regions in Pakistan. These areas are a major hub of the Taliban and al Qaeda militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre