Two Pakistan soldiers killed
Islamabad: Two Pakistan Army soldiers, including an officer, were killed and three more injured when they were targeted with an improvised explosive device in the restive Orakzai tribal region on Saturday, a military official said.
The soldiers were conducting a search operation in a compound when they were attacked, said the official of the Inter-Services Public Relations.
The incident occurred in Ghunda Mela area of Orakzai Agency, one of Pakistan`s semi-autonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan.
The IED was planted within the compound.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several militant groups, including the Pakistani Taliban, are active in the tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead