Two Pakistan soldiers killed
Islamabad: Two Pakistan Army soldiers, including an officer, were killed and three more injured when they were targeted with an improvised explosive device in the restive Orakzai tribal region on Saturday, a military official said.
The soldiers were conducting a search operation in a compound when they were attacked, said the official of the Inter-Services Public Relations.
The incident occurred in Ghunda Mela area of Orakzai Agency, one of Pakistan`s semi-autonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan.
The IED was planted within the compound.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several militant groups, including the Pakistani Taliban, are active in the tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof