Two Pakistan soldiers killed
Islamabad: Two Pakistan Army soldiers, including an officer, were killed and three more injured when they were targeted with an improvised explosive device in the restive Orakzai tribal region on Saturday, a military official said.
The soldiers were conducting a search operation in a compound when they were attacked, said the official of the Inter-Services Public Relations.
The incident occurred in Ghunda Mela area of Orakzai Agency, one of Pakistan`s semi-autonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan.
The IED was planted within the compound.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several militant groups, including the Pakistani Taliban, are active in the tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy