Two Pakistani army officials killed in Balochistan
Islamabad: Two Pakistani military personnel were today killed and another injured in an IED blast while they were carrying out relief efforts in quake-hit areas in Balochistan province.
"The personnel were distributing tents, ration and other relief materials at Mashkay in Awaran when the IED blast took place killing two and injuring one," military officials told PTI.
The security personnel have earlier also come under attack while carrying out relief operations in the quake-hit areas, a stronghold of Balochistan nationalists.
On September 27, militants fired on a helicopter carrying relief goods to Mashkai. The helicopter of National Disaster Management Authority Chairman Maj Gen Muhammad Saeed Aleem was also targeted with rockets on September 26, while it was on its way to Mashkai for earthquake relief work.
The first earthquake had hit Balochistan on September 24, killing at least over 500 and injuring hundreds more. Another quake furthered the damage when it struck the area on September 28.
Security officials said the worst affected district Awaran is highly risky for carrying out relief operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi