Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed
Islamabad: Two key commanders of the Pakistani Taliban have been killed in clashes with security forces in northwest Pakistan, the Dawn newspaper reported on Sunday.
The clashes took place in Salarzai in Bajaur region. The Tehrik-i-Taliban commanders killed on Saturday night were identified as Shahid Omar and Huzaifa.
Witnesses told Dawn about fierce fighting in Lakian, Batwar and Tendo Dak areas.
Two civilians were also killed when mortar shells reportedly fired from Afghanistan fell on a house in Nawagai region.
Troops backed by helicopter gunships, jets and artillery attacked militant positions, forcing the Taliban to vacate their bunkers, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling