Two Pakistanis killed in cross-border mortar fire
Islamabad: Two Pakistani civilians were killed and another was injured in North Waziristan tribal region by "unprovoked" cross-border mortar fire from Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.
The Afghan Charge d`Affaires was summoned to the Foreign Ministry last evening and a strong protest lodged over the mortar fire by Afghan Border Police yesterday, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
Conveying its serious concern at the incident, the Foreign Office asked Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
"It was emphasized again that such incidents undermine border coordination and cooperation mechanism in place and are detrimental to cooperative ties between the two countries," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18