Two Pakistanis killed in cross-border mortar fire
Islamabad: Two Pakistani civilians were killed and another was injured in North Waziristan tribal region by "unprovoked" cross-border mortar fire from Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.
The Afghan Charge d`Affaires was summoned to the Foreign Ministry last evening and a strong protest lodged over the mortar fire by Afghan Border Police yesterday, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
Conveying its serious concern at the incident, the Foreign Office asked Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
"It was emphasized again that such incidents undermine border coordination and cooperation mechanism in place and are detrimental to cooperative ties between the two countries," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea