Two Pakistanis killed in cross-border mortar fire
Islamabad: Two Pakistani civilians were killed and another was injured in North Waziristan tribal region by "unprovoked" cross-border mortar fire from Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.
The Afghan Charge d`Affaires was summoned to the Foreign Ministry last evening and a strong protest lodged over the mortar fire by Afghan Border Police yesterday, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
Conveying its serious concern at the incident, the Foreign Office asked Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
"It was emphasized again that such incidents undermine border coordination and cooperation mechanism in place and are detrimental to cooperative ties between the two countries," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH