Two Pakistanis killed in cross-border mortar fire
Islamabad: Two Pakistani civilians were killed and another was injured in North Waziristan tribal region by "unprovoked" cross-border mortar fire from Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.
The Afghan Charge d`Affaires was summoned to the Foreign Ministry last evening and a strong protest lodged over the mortar fire by Afghan Border Police yesterday, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
Conveying its serious concern at the incident, the Foreign Office asked Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
"It was emphasized again that such incidents undermine border coordination and cooperation mechanism in place and are detrimental to cooperative ties between the two countries," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH