Two Pakistanis killed in cross-border mortar fire
Islamabad: Two Pakistani civilians were killed and another was injured in North Waziristan tribal region by "unprovoked" cross-border mortar fire from Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.
The Afghan Charge d`Affaires was summoned to the Foreign Ministry last evening and a strong protest lodged over the mortar fire by Afghan Border Police yesterday, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
Conveying its serious concern at the incident, the Foreign Office asked Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
"It was emphasized again that such incidents undermine border coordination and cooperation mechanism in place and are detrimental to cooperative ties between the two countries," the Foreign Office said in a statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India