Two paramilitary personnel killed in Pak blast
Islamabad: Two paramilitary personnel were killed and several others injured in a powerful explosion outside an office of the Frontier Corps in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Friday.
The blast occurred near the headquarters of the Frontier Corps in Zhob town early this morning, officials said.
Two security personnel were killed instantly.
Several injured persons were taken to the district hospital.
There was confusion about the nature of the blast.
Some TV news channels reported that the Frontier Corps personnel were targeted by a suspected suicide bomber.
Other reports said the explosion occurred shortly after two suspects were brought to the Frontier Corps headquarters in Zhob.
The explosive device was hidden in the belongings of the two suspects, who were detained near the border with Afghanistan, the reports said.
Footage on television showed a vehicle that was destroyed by the blast.
There was no information on the fate of the two suspects.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Taliban, banned sectarian groups like the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Baloch insurgent groups are active in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway