Two policemen killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least two policemen were killed when gunmen ambushed a security check-point in Pakistan`s northwestern city of Peshawar, police said.
Four gunmen on two motor-bikes targeted the checkpoint on Ring Road in Pishtakhara area of Peshawar, capital of restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, when they were busy checking vehicles, Haroon Khan from the city`s police control office told PTI over phone.
"It seems to be a targeted attack and no one took responsibility for it," Khan said.
Taliban militants frequently target the law enforcing agencies as well as civilians in the north-western region of the country where government forces are fighting the rebels.
Yesterday, a car bombing killed at least 18 people in Peshawar while four soldiers were killed in a roadside explosion in North Waziristan tribal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh