Two policemen killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least two policemen were killed when gunmen ambushed a security check-point in Pakistan`s northwestern city of Peshawar, police said.
Four gunmen on two motor-bikes targeted the checkpoint on Ring Road in Pishtakhara area of Peshawar, capital of restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, when they were busy checking vehicles, Haroon Khan from the city`s police control office told PTI over phone.
"It seems to be a targeted attack and no one took responsibility for it," Khan said.
Taliban militants frequently target the law enforcing agencies as well as civilians in the north-western region of the country where government forces are fighting the rebels.
Yesterday, a car bombing killed at least 18 people in Peshawar while four soldiers were killed in a roadside explosion in North Waziristan tribal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal