Two policemen killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least two policemen were killed when gunmen ambushed a security check-point in Pakistan`s northwestern city of Peshawar, police said.
Four gunmen on two motor-bikes targeted the checkpoint on Ring Road in Pishtakhara area of Peshawar, capital of restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, when they were busy checking vehicles, Haroon Khan from the city`s police control office told PTI over phone.
"It seems to be a targeted attack and no one took responsibility for it," Khan said.
Taliban militants frequently target the law enforcing agencies as well as civilians in the north-western region of the country where government forces are fighting the rebels.
Yesterday, a car bombing killed at least 18 people in Peshawar while four soldiers were killed in a roadside explosion in North Waziristan tribal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'