Two policemen killed in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least two policemen were killed when gunmen ambushed a security check-point in Pakistan`s northwestern city of Peshawar, police said.
Four gunmen on two motor-bikes targeted the checkpoint on Ring Road in Pishtakhara area of Peshawar, capital of restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, when they were busy checking vehicles, Haroon Khan from the city`s police control office told PTI over phone.
"It seems to be a targeted attack and no one took responsibility for it," Khan said.
Taliban militants frequently target the law enforcing agencies as well as civilians in the north-western region of the country where government forces are fighting the rebels.
Yesterday, a car bombing killed at least 18 people in Peshawar while four soldiers were killed in a roadside explosion in North Waziristan tribal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites