Two security personnel killed in Pak attacks
Islamabad: An intelligence operative and a
policeman were killed in two separate attacks in Pakistan`s
restive northwest, according to media reports on Sunday.
Arshad Ghayas, an assistant sub-inspector of the
Intelligence Bureau, was shot dead in Chota Lahor area of
Swabi district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province yesterday,
police told the media.
Ghayas was shot by two gunmen riding motorcycles while he
was visiting his family.
He sustained multiple bullet wounds and died instantly.
This was the second instance of an attack on an
intelligence operative in the area in the past two weeks.
In another incident in the former Taliban stronghold of
Swat, a policeman was killed and three others, including the
chief of an anti-militant `lashkar` or militia, were injured
when suspected rebels fired at them in Bara Bandai area
Idrees Khan, chief of the anti-Taliban militia, was
standing near a check post with some policemen when the
suspected militants launched the attack.
A policeman was killed instantly while Khan and two
passers-by were injured.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'