Two shot dead in Peshawar
Islamabad: A man and his son were shot and killed near the Governor`s House in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan today, police said.
Another man was injured in the shooting at Sher Shah Suri Road in Peshawar, police officials said.
Two armed men riding a motorcycle fired indiscriminately at a car and escaped.
A man identified as Muhammad Saifullah died instantly while two others were injured.
One of the injured, Yunas Baig, died later in hospital while the third man was out of danger, officials said.
The reason for the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, has witnessed a spurt in terrorist and sectarian attacks in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months