Two shot dead in Peshawar
Islamabad: A man and his son were shot and killed near the Governor`s House in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan today, police said.
Another man was injured in the shooting at Sher Shah Suri Road in Peshawar, police officials said.
Two armed men riding a motorcycle fired indiscriminately at a car and escaped.
A man identified as Muhammad Saifullah died instantly while two others were injured.
One of the injured, Yunas Baig, died later in hospital while the third man was out of danger, officials said.
The reason for the attack could not immediately be ascertained.
Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, has witnessed a spurt in terrorist and sectarian attacks in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!