Two Taliban commanders killed in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: Two key Taliban commanders were
shot dead by security forces in northwest Pakistan in an
exchange of fire on Thursday.
Commanders Mufti Abdul Basir and Samiul Haq were shot
dead by troops while trying to enter Khwazakhela town in Swat
district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, officials said.
The forces laid siege around the area where the
commanders were hiding and killed them in an exchange of fire.
The two were experts in planting bombs and had often
issued fatwas for the killing of innocent people.
Their bodies were handed over to police by the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?