Two Taliban leaders killed in east Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says its air strikes have killed two key local Taliban leaders in eastern Afghanistan.
The international military alliance says in a statement issued on Monday that its forces killed the Taliban shadow administrator for Nangarhar province`s Hisarak district in a strike last Friday. NATO had previously announced the strike but said they were unsure if Maulawi Anwar had been killed.
NATO also says that it killed a Taliban operative in Logar province`s Pul-e-Alam district in a strike on Sunday. The coalition says the man, Abdul Bari, helped Taliban leaders get weapons and vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH