Two Taliban leaders killed in east Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says its air strikes have killed two key local Taliban leaders in eastern Afghanistan.
The international military alliance says in a statement issued on Monday that its forces killed the Taliban shadow administrator for Nangarhar province`s Hisarak district in a strike last Friday. NATO had previously announced the strike but said they were unsure if Maulawi Anwar had been killed.
NATO also says that it killed a Taliban operative in Logar province`s Pul-e-Alam district in a strike on Sunday. The coalition says the man, Abdul Bari, helped Taliban leaders get weapons and vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!