Two Taliban leaders killed in east Afghanistan: NATO
Kabul: NATO says its air strikes have killed two key local Taliban leaders in eastern Afghanistan.
The international military alliance says in a statement issued on Monday that its forces killed the Taliban shadow administrator for Nangarhar province`s Hisarak district in a strike last Friday. NATO had previously announced the strike but said they were unsure if Maulawi Anwar had been killed.
NATO also says that it killed a Taliban operative in Logar province`s Pul-e-Alam district in a strike on Sunday. The coalition says the man, Abdul Bari, helped Taliban leaders get weapons and vehicles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!