Two top Pakistani Taliban commanders killed
Islamabad: Two top commanders of the Pakistani Taliban blamed for several high-profile attacks were killed in a shootout with security forces at Nowshera in the country`s restive northwest, officials said.
Police officials said security forces launched an operation after learning that Matiullah alias Commander Foji and his brother Latifullah alias Rehan Pahari had entered Nowshera area through a mountainous route.
Both commanders were killed during a gun battle, the officials said.
Matiullah was the commander of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan fighters in Peshawar and surrounding areas.
Police claimed the two commanders were planning to kill Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain.
The two slain militants were allegedly involved in several bomb attacks in Peshawar, Nowshera, Charsadda and Mardan and the killing of political leaders and security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security