Two US missile attacks kill 6 near Afghan border
Dera Ismail Khan: Two US missile strikes minutes apart killed at least six suspected militants near the Afghan border on Wednesday, two Pakistani intelligence officials said.
The strikes targeted a vehicle and a motorcycle in the forested Bhangar area of South Waziristan where insurgents have their hideouts, said the officials. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to the media on record.
The exact identities of the dead were not immediately clear and the officials said their agents were trying to get more details.
Such strikes are carried out by the Central Intelligence Agency, though Washington rarely acknowledges its role.
Pakistan officially protests the strikes, saying they violate its sovereignty and deepen anti-US sentiment in the country. Pakistani government officials were not immediately available for comment.
The latest attack came days after Pakistan`s spy chief General Ahmed Shuja Pasha met with his US counterpart in the United States to discuss how to improve cooperation and coordination in the war on terror.
Washington considers its relationship with Pakistan key to bringing stability to Afghanistan, and the CIA has worked with Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence agency in a bid to arrest Taliban and al Qaeda militants.
Pakistan has not released any details of Pasha`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail