Two vehicles of US consulate held in Islamabad
Islamabad: The Islamabad police have caught two vehicles of the US consulate having fake license plates on them.
According to police, two suspicious vehicles were stopped at a check post in the Turnol area of the Pakistani capital, Dunya News reports.
While checking, it was revealed that these vehicles were having fake license plates.
The drivers of these cars identified themselves as US consulate employees, and said that they were taking these vehicles to Peshawar as they were supposed to be transformed into ambulances.
Police said that both these vehicles have been taken into custody under the Act No 550.
It is noteworthy that the number plate of the US Consulate vehicle that knocked down and killed a motorcyclist as it sped to help an American diplomat who had shot dead two youths in Lahore has also been found to be fake, a probe has revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies