Two vehicles of US consulate held in Islamabad
Islamabad: The Islamabad police have caught two vehicles of the US consulate having fake license plates on them.
According to police, two suspicious vehicles were stopped at a check post in the Turnol area of the Pakistani capital, Dunya News reports.
While checking, it was revealed that these vehicles were having fake license plates.
The drivers of these cars identified themselves as US consulate employees, and said that they were taking these vehicles to Peshawar as they were supposed to be transformed into ambulances.
Police said that both these vehicles have been taken into custody under the Act No 550.
It is noteworthy that the number plate of the US Consulate vehicle that knocked down and killed a motorcyclist as it sped to help an American diplomat who had shot dead two youths in Lahore has also been found to be fake, a probe has revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured