Two vehicles of US consulate held in Islamabad
Islamabad: The Islamabad police have caught two vehicles of the US consulate having fake license plates on them.
According to police, two suspicious vehicles were stopped at a check post in the Turnol area of the Pakistani capital, Dunya News reports.
While checking, it was revealed that these vehicles were having fake license plates.
The drivers of these cars identified themselves as US consulate employees, and said that they were taking these vehicles to Peshawar as they were supposed to be transformed into ambulances.
Police said that both these vehicles have been taken into custody under the Act No 550.
It is noteworthy that the number plate of the US Consulate vehicle that knocked down and killed a motorcyclist as it sped to help an American diplomat who had shot dead two youths in Lahore has also been found to be fake, a probe has revealed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India