UAE, Pakistan foil heroin smuggling bid
Abu Dhabi: An attempt to smuggle 16 kg of heroin into the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by an eight-member gang has been thwarted due to joint cooperation of Pakistani and UAE anti-narcotics units.
Colonel Saeed Al Suwaidi, director general of anti-narcotics department under UAE`s Ministry of Interior, said the anti-narcotics liaison office at the UAE embassy in Pakistan had received a tip-off that a group of Pakistanis were planning to traffic the drug into the UAE.
The smugglers had made five consecutive attempts, four through Pakistani airports and one through Dubai International Airport, to smuggle the drug. But all bids were aborted, thanks to the concerted coordination between authorities in both the countries, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal