UAE, Pakistan foil heroin smuggling bid
Abu Dhabi: An attempt to smuggle 16 kg of heroin into the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by an eight-member gang has been thwarted due to joint cooperation of Pakistani and UAE anti-narcotics units.
Colonel Saeed Al Suwaidi, director general of anti-narcotics department under UAE`s Ministry of Interior, said the anti-narcotics liaison office at the UAE embassy in Pakistan had received a tip-off that a group of Pakistanis were planning to traffic the drug into the UAE.
The smugglers had made five consecutive attempts, four through Pakistani airports and one through Dubai International Airport, to smuggle the drug. But all bids were aborted, thanks to the concerted coordination between authorities in both the countries, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences