UAE raises $19 mn for Pakistan flood aid
Abu Dhabi: In order to help flood-hit Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has raised AED 72 million (USD 19 mn) from donations given by its citizen during a three-day nationwide campaign.
A total of AED 72 million was collected on the final day of the telethon "Awnakum" (Arabic for Your Help), which was launched Wednesday by the Red Crescent Authority (RCA) to help millions of flood-affected people in Pakistan.
Donations were received at various branches of the RCA, shopping centres as well as through messages sent from mobile phones and pledges registered via call centres.
UAE`s television channels and radio stations also took part in the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown