UAE raises $19 mn for Pakistan flood aid
Abu Dhabi: In order to help flood-hit Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has raised AED 72 million (USD 19 mn) from donations given by its citizen during a three-day nationwide campaign.
A total of AED 72 million was collected on the final day of the telethon "Awnakum" (Arabic for Your Help), which was launched Wednesday by the Red Crescent Authority (RCA) to help millions of flood-affected people in Pakistan.
Donations were received at various branches of the RCA, shopping centres as well as through messages sent from mobile phones and pledges registered via call centres.
UAE`s television channels and radio stations also took part in the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015