UAE raises $19 mn for Pakistan flood aid
Abu Dhabi: In order to help flood-hit Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has raised AED 72 million (USD 19 mn) from donations given by its citizen during a three-day nationwide campaign.
A total of AED 72 million was collected on the final day of the telethon "Awnakum" (Arabic for Your Help), which was launched Wednesday by the Red Crescent Authority (RCA) to help millions of flood-affected people in Pakistan.
Donations were received at various branches of the RCA, shopping centres as well as through messages sent from mobile phones and pledges registered via call centres.
UAE`s television channels and radio stations also took part in the campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'