UAE raises $19 mn for Pakistan flood aid
Abu Dhabi: In order to help flood-hit Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has raised AED 72 million (USD 19 mn) from donations given by its citizen during a three-day nationwide campaign.
A total of AED 72 million was collected on the final day of the telethon "Awnakum" (Arabic for Your Help), which was launched Wednesday by the Red Crescent Authority (RCA) to help millions of flood-affected people in Pakistan.
Donations were received at various branches of the RCA, shopping centres as well as through messages sent from mobile phones and pledges registered via call centres.
UAE`s television channels and radio stations also took part in the campaign.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India