UK asks Pak to move decisively against al-Qaeda
London: UK has told Pakistan to move
"decisively" against al-Qaeda following the death of the
terror outfit`s chief Osama bin Laden.
"Now there is an opportunity to move decisively against
al-Qaeda following Osama bin Laden`s death," British Prime
David Cameron told Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari
yesterday during a meeting at 10, Downing Street here.
Bin Laden was killed in a US Navy SEALs raid in
Pakistan`s garrison town Abbottabad on May 2.
During their first face-to-face talks since bin Laden`s
death, Cameron and Zardari discussed "terrorism, agreeing that
it is a global phenomenon that should be fought by
intensifying cooperation at all levels."
The Prime Minister also appreciated Islamabad`s efforts
in the fight against terror.
A spokesman at 10, Downing Street said: "Cameron
appreciated Pakistan`s full commitment to fight terrorism and
stressed that there was now an opportunity to move decisively
against al-Qaeda, the extremist organisation that has harmed
Pakistan as well as other countries internationally."
At their talks, the two leaders "agreed that a stable
Afghanistan is in the interest of countries in the region and
the rest of the world," the spokesman said. "They both support
the Afghan-led process towards reconciliation and peace."
Cameron also encouraged Pakistan to play a constructive
role in supporting an Afghan political process within the
framework of the Afghan constitution that separates the Afghan
Taliban from al-Qaeda and persuades them to move away from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’