UK-born child’s abduction has tarnished Pak image: Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said the abduction of five-year-old UK-born Sahil Saeed has tarnished the image of the country and joint investigations were underway for the immediate recovery of the boy.
Some unknown persons had kidnapped Sahil on last Wednesday after terrorising his family at a time when his father Raja Naqash Saeed was waiting for a taxi to leave for airport.
The boy has not been recovered despite tall claims of the federal and provincial governments regarding his early recovery.
Addressing the media after meeting the parents of the abducted child at his house in Jhelum, Malik said: “The action of the abductors had created a bad image of the country before those Pakistani who are living abroad. The kidnappers will be dealt with an iron hand.”
He said that provincial government was thoroughly investigating into the case with all possible angles and a possible breakthrough was expected in the next couple of days.
Malik also highlighted his satisfaction over the investigations being done by police, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and other agencies.
“The members of the family of the child have shared a very useful information with the investigators and it will prove helpful in his recovery,” he said.
The minister further said the involvement of a close family member of the child in the incident could not be ruled out and the police were also looking the matter with reference to this angle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users