UK issues travel advisory against visiting ‘violent’ Pak
Islamabad: Following the recent surge in bloodshed in Pakistan, Britain has issued a travel advisory to its citizens warning them against travelling to the troubled country.
According to a statement issued by the British embassy here, there is potential threat of terrorism and sectarian riots in Pakistan, and British nationals have been advised to be alert during their stay in the country, which has seen massive violence in the past few days.
“The intending travellers are advised to take information about the local situation before travelling to Pakistan. The British nationals are urged to take directives from media, FCO Travel Advisors and the security section of British High Commission in this connection,” The Nation quoted the advisory, as saying.
The British travellers have been advised to avoid travelling to the troubled tribal regions of the country, such as South and North Waziristan and the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) including Peshawar, Swat, Buner, Dera Ismail Khan besides the northwestern areas of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations