UK issues travel advisory against visiting ‘violent’ Pak
Islamabad: Following the recent surge in bloodshed in Pakistan, Britain has issued a travel advisory to its citizens warning them against travelling to the troubled country.
According to a statement issued by the British embassy here, there is potential threat of terrorism and sectarian riots in Pakistan, and British nationals have been advised to be alert during their stay in the country, which has seen massive violence in the past few days.
“The intending travellers are advised to take information about the local situation before travelling to Pakistan. The British nationals are urged to take directives from media, FCO Travel Advisors and the security section of British High Commission in this connection,” The Nation quoted the advisory, as saying.
The British travellers have been advised to avoid travelling to the troubled tribal regions of the country, such as South and North Waziristan and the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) including Peshawar, Swat, Buner, Dera Ismail Khan besides the northwestern areas of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations