UK issues travel advisory against visiting ‘violent’ Pak
Islamabad: Following the recent surge in bloodshed in Pakistan, Britain has issued a travel advisory to its citizens warning them against travelling to the troubled country.
According to a statement issued by the British embassy here, there is potential threat of terrorism and sectarian riots in Pakistan, and British nationals have been advised to be alert during their stay in the country, which has seen massive violence in the past few days.
“The intending travellers are advised to take information about the local situation before travelling to Pakistan. The British nationals are urged to take directives from media, FCO Travel Advisors and the security section of British High Commission in this connection,” The Nation quoted the advisory, as saying.
The British travellers have been advised to avoid travelling to the troubled tribal regions of the country, such as South and North Waziristan and the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) including Peshawar, Swat, Buner, Dera Ismail Khan besides the northwestern areas of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security