UK issues travel advisory against visiting ‘violent’ Pak
Islamabad: Following the recent surge in bloodshed in Pakistan, Britain has issued a travel advisory to its citizens warning them against travelling to the troubled country.
According to a statement issued by the British embassy here, there is potential threat of terrorism and sectarian riots in Pakistan, and British nationals have been advised to be alert during their stay in the country, which has seen massive violence in the past few days.
“The intending travellers are advised to take information about the local situation before travelling to Pakistan. The British nationals are urged to take directives from media, FCO Travel Advisors and the security section of British High Commission in this connection,” The Nation quoted the advisory, as saying.
The British travellers have been advised to avoid travelling to the troubled tribal regions of the country, such as South and North Waziristan and the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) including Peshawar, Swat, Buner, Dera Ismail Khan besides the northwestern areas of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY