UK issues travel advisory against visiting ‘violent’ Pak
Islamabad: Following the recent surge in bloodshed in Pakistan, Britain has issued a travel advisory to its citizens warning them against travelling to the troubled country.
According to a statement issued by the British embassy here, there is potential threat of terrorism and sectarian riots in Pakistan, and British nationals have been advised to be alert during their stay in the country, which has seen massive violence in the past few days.
“The intending travellers are advised to take information about the local situation before travelling to Pakistan. The British nationals are urged to take directives from media, FCO Travel Advisors and the security section of British High Commission in this connection,” The Nation quoted the advisory, as saying.
The British travellers have been advised to avoid travelling to the troubled tribal regions of the country, such as South and North Waziristan and the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) including Peshawar, Swat, Buner, Dera Ismail Khan besides the northwestern areas of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman