UK may ban PIA flights due to terror risks
Islamabad: The British government has reportedly threatened to place a ban on all Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flights, due to fear of influx of Al Qaeda and Taliban terrorists after it was found that tens of Afghan nationals are illegally flying into the UK on Pakistani passports.
According to British officials, more than 50 Afghans bearing Pakistani passports landed in different UK cities from Karachi and Islamabad during the last two months, reports the Daily Times.
Sources said that the immigration officer of the British High Commission, acting on a tip-off on February 2, offloaded six Afghan citizens from PIA`s flight PK-785 set for London.
During the investigation, it was revealed that Afghan nationals had paid 25,000 pounds each for sending them to the UK.
FIA Additional Director Sajjad Haider was reportedly found involved in the scandal.
Records suggest that a reference was filed in the accountability court of Rawalpindi against Haider in 2004 and he was sentenced for three years. He appealed against the decision but high court did not give him relief. Haider was reinstated on his post through NRO on July 18, 2008, and was promoted to the seat of deputy director. After Supreme Court`s decision in NRO case, his promotion was cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you