UK soldiers confess abusing Afghan civilians
Zee Media Bureau
Berlin: Two British soldiers have confessed to committing inappropriate acts against Afghan civilians at a court martial trial on Tuesday.
The soldiers’ identities have not been revealed as this might endanger their lives and are referred to as X, Y and Z soldiers, reported the BBC.
The soldier X has admitted to have abused an Afghan child and soldier Y has confessed meting out racial insult to an Afghan man, said the report.
Soldier X admitted pulling an Afghan boy`s hand towards his crotch while serving in Afghanistan in December 2011, said the report.
While soldier Y admitted to have photographed an Afghan man with a racially-offensive sign, between 16 October 2011 and 6 January 2012, according to the BBC.
Meanwhile soldier Z, their patrol commander, has been cleared of ignorance and failure in dealing with the offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country