UK`s Chief of Defence Staff, NSA meet Nawaz Sharif in Pakistan
Islamabad: The National Security Advisor of the UK and the country`s Chief of Defence Staff on Wednesday met Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and discussed a host of regional issues particularly the situation in Afghanistan.
UK`s National Security Advisor Kim Darroch and General Sir Nicholas Houghton, Chief of Defence Staff British Armed Forces, met Prime Minister Sharif and other leaders during their visit here today.
Sharif told them that Pakistan believes in a policy of non-interference and fully supports the democratic process in Afghanistan.
Sharif told Darroch that "our soil will not be used against Afghanistan."
He said Pakistan desires peace and stability in the region and has no wish to enter into any arms race in the region.
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan told Darroch that Pakistan has adopted a "holistic" regional approach by following a non-partisan policy in Afghanistan and improving relations with India.
The British delegation also called on Pakistan Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif.
During the meeting, a wide range of issues of mutual interest, including defence and security cooperation and measures contributing towards regional stability came under discussion, a statement by the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front