UN man injured while resisting robbery in Karachi
Karachi: Workers of the United Nations in Pakistan reportedly came under attack when they rammed their vehicle into armed highwaymen to save themselves from a holdup in Karachi on Sunday night.
"Some robbers attempted to halt a UN vehicle at gunpoint within the precincts of Police Station Gizri, but the brave driver, instead of chickening out, tried to ran them down," The News quoted Superintendent of Police, Zameer Abbas, as saying.
"They were not expecting anything like this, thus they retreated as fast as they could shooting at the UN men like crazy," he added. He further added that the shocked dacoits fled the scene though, but succeeded in injuring the person behind the wheel with a Parthian shot.
The injured, identified as an Egyptian working for the United Nations Children``s Fund, was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment of a bullet-wounded arm.
Police have registered a case against the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75