UN man injured while resisting robbery in Karachi
Karachi: Workers of the United Nations in Pakistan reportedly came under attack when they rammed their vehicle into armed highwaymen to save themselves from a holdup in Karachi on Sunday night.
"Some robbers attempted to halt a UN vehicle at gunpoint within the precincts of Police Station Gizri, but the brave driver, instead of chickening out, tried to ran them down," The News quoted Superintendent of Police, Zameer Abbas, as saying.
"They were not expecting anything like this, thus they retreated as fast as they could shooting at the UN men like crazy," he added. He further added that the shocked dacoits fled the scene though, but succeeded in injuring the person behind the wheel with a Parthian shot.
The injured, identified as an Egyptian working for the United Nations Children``s Fund, was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment of a bullet-wounded arm.
Police have registered a case against the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie