UN man injured while resisting robbery in Karachi
Karachi: Workers of the United Nations in Pakistan reportedly came under attack when they rammed their vehicle into armed highwaymen to save themselves from a holdup in Karachi on Sunday night.
"Some robbers attempted to halt a UN vehicle at gunpoint within the precincts of Police Station Gizri, but the brave driver, instead of chickening out, tried to ran them down," The News quoted Superintendent of Police, Zameer Abbas, as saying.
"They were not expecting anything like this, thus they retreated as fast as they could shooting at the UN men like crazy," he added. He further added that the shocked dacoits fled the scene though, but succeeded in injuring the person behind the wheel with a Parthian shot.
The injured, identified as an Egyptian working for the United Nations Children``s Fund, was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment of a bullet-wounded arm.
Police have registered a case against the attackers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users