UN peacekeeper from Nepal killed in Haiti
Port-Au-Prince (Haiti): The UN says one of
its peacekeepers has died in an apparent accident in a town
north of the capital.
A spokesman says the 26-year-old soldier from Nepal
was standing outside her unit`s base when a truck struck and
killed her. Spokesman Vincenzo Pugliese said the driver jumped
out of the truck and fled the scene on foot after hitting the
soldier. The incident is under investigation.
The UN identified the soldier as Bhagawati Neupane
and said she had been in Haiti since October 2010.
The incident occurred Tuesday near the central plateau
town of Mirebalais. There are about 1,000 Nepalese
peacekeepers in Haiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video