UN peacekeeper from Nepal killed in Haiti
Port-Au-Prince (Haiti): The UN says one of
its peacekeepers has died in an apparent accident in a town
north of the capital.
A spokesman says the 26-year-old soldier from Nepal
was standing outside her unit`s base when a truck struck and
killed her. Spokesman Vincenzo Pugliese said the driver jumped
out of the truck and fled the scene on foot after hitting the
soldier. The incident is under investigation.
The UN identified the soldier as Bhagawati Neupane
and said she had been in Haiti since October 2010.
The incident occurred Tuesday near the central plateau
town of Mirebalais. There are about 1,000 Nepalese
peacekeepers in Haiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq