UN peacekeeper from Nepal killed in Haiti
Port-Au-Prince (Haiti): The UN says one of
its peacekeepers has died in an apparent accident in a town
north of the capital.
A spokesman says the 26-year-old soldier from Nepal
was standing outside her unit`s base when a truck struck and
killed her. Spokesman Vincenzo Pugliese said the driver jumped
out of the truck and fled the scene on foot after hitting the
soldier. The incident is under investigation.
The UN identified the soldier as Bhagawati Neupane
and said she had been in Haiti since October 2010.
The incident occurred Tuesday near the central plateau
town of Mirebalais. There are about 1,000 Nepalese
peacekeepers in Haiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?