UN peacekeeper from Nepal killed in Haiti
Port-Au-Prince (Haiti): The UN says one of
its peacekeepers has died in an apparent accident in a town
north of the capital.
A spokesman says the 26-year-old soldier from Nepal
was standing outside her unit`s base when a truck struck and
killed her. Spokesman Vincenzo Pugliese said the driver jumped
out of the truck and fled the scene on foot after hitting the
soldier. The incident is under investigation.
The UN identified the soldier as Bhagawati Neupane
and said she had been in Haiti since October 2010.
The incident occurred Tuesday near the central plateau
town of Mirebalais. There are about 1,000 Nepalese
peacekeepers in Haiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Turkey's Erdogan beats foes for now, but at high cost to stability
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan; India's wait to be over soon?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu will not be AAP's CM candidate in Punjab, say top leaders
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's