UN urged to take note of human rights violations in Balochistan
Quetta: Former leader of the opposition in the Balochistan Assembly Advocate Kachkol Ali has urged the United Nations secretary general to take notice of increasing number of `genocide in Baloch and violation of human rights`.
In a statement issued from Oslo, he said that "a human tragedy has occurred in Balochistan... therefore United Nations should take notice of it and take practical steps for its immediate end".
According to the Daily Times, he said that the " genocide of Baloch nation is ongoing for the last 13 years".
The nationalist leader said so far thousands of Balochis have been killed and their mutilated bodies were thrown away.
Kachkol Ali expressed displeasure over the attitude of international organisations, saying that UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and other organisations have closed their eyes over the Balochistan situation, he report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- US clears reimbursement fund for Pakistan for ''anti-terrorism efforts''
- Unmissable! Deepika Padukone in an all-black outfit from 'xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage' sets—Pics
- US questions India-Iran Chabahar port deal
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced