UN urged to take note of human rights violations in Balochistan
Quetta: Former leader of the opposition in the Balochistan Assembly Advocate Kachkol Ali has urged the United Nations secretary general to take notice of increasing number of `genocide in Baloch and violation of human rights`.
In a statement issued from Oslo, he said that "a human tragedy has occurred in Balochistan... therefore United Nations should take notice of it and take practical steps for its immediate end".
According to the Daily Times, he said that the " genocide of Baloch nation is ongoing for the last 13 years".
The nationalist leader said so far thousands of Balochis have been killed and their mutilated bodies were thrown away.
Kachkol Ali expressed displeasure over the attitude of international organisations, saying that UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and other organisations have closed their eyes over the Balochistan situation, he report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?