Unidentified armed men kidnap govt official in Pak
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men abducted a government official in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan today, police said.
Roshan Khan, an official of the Customs Department, was passing through Khuzdar city when armed men intercepted his vehicle and took him away to an unknown location, police officials said.
Police has launched a search for the official.
No group has claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Balochistan has witnessed a sudden surge in violence ahead of the May 11 general election.
Six persons have been killed and over 50 injured in six bomb attacks in the provincial capital of Quetta since last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble