Unidentified armed men kidnap govt official in Pak
Islamabad: Unidentified armed men abducted a government official in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan today, police said.
Roshan Khan, an official of the Customs Department, was passing through Khuzdar city when armed men intercepted his vehicle and took him away to an unknown location, police officials said.
Police has launched a search for the official.
No group has claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Balochistan has witnessed a sudden surge in violence ahead of the May 11 general election.
Six persons have been killed and over 50 injured in six bomb attacks in the provincial capital of Quetta since last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion