Unidentified gunmen kill lawmaker in Pakistan
Islamabad: A provincial lawmaker of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in northwest Pakistan has been assassinated by unidentified assailants, police said on Monday.
Gohar Nawaz Khan, a member of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Assembly, died when the assailants ambushed his vehicle near Haripur town late last night, police officials said.
Khan was returning to his residence at Khalabat township near Haripur when he was attacked.
His family alleged in an FIR that a former mayor of Haripur was involved in the killing.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why