Unidentified men kidnap relative of former Balochistan Gov
Karachi: Unidentified men today kidnapped a relative of a former Balochistan Governor from Mustung district. He was on his way to Quetta to claim the body of his daughter who died in a suicide attack on a university bus carrying women students in the southwestern Pakistani city.
Mahrullah Magsi, a close relative of former Governor Zulfiqar Magsi, was kidnapped with his driver and bodyguard in Dasht area while on way from Jhal Magsi to the capital city, said sources in paramilitary Balochistan Levies forces.
"We have recovered his jeep from the area but they have been kidnapped," one source said.
No one has claimed responsibility for their kidnapping.
Minerals and resources rich Balochistan province has been hit by sectarian violence and a bloody separatist movement. A woman Lashkar-e-Jhangvi suicide bomber had carried out the devastating attack on the university bus and her male accomplice struck a hospital in Quetta on Saturday.
At least 26 people, including 14 students, were killed in the attacks. The banned sectarian outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) has claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying they were carried out in retaliation for a raid against the group by security forces
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, three policemen were killed when militants attacked their check post in the Muslim Bagh area of Chaman in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place