Unidentified men kidnap relative of former Balochistan Gov
Karachi: Unidentified men today kidnapped a relative of a former Balochistan Governor from Mustung district. He was on his way to Quetta to claim the body of his daughter who died in a suicide attack on a university bus carrying women students in the southwestern Pakistani city.
Mahrullah Magsi, a close relative of former Governor Zulfiqar Magsi, was kidnapped with his driver and bodyguard in Dasht area while on way from Jhal Magsi to the capital city, said sources in paramilitary Balochistan Levies forces.
"We have recovered his jeep from the area but they have been kidnapped," one source said.
No one has claimed responsibility for their kidnapping.
Minerals and resources rich Balochistan province has been hit by sectarian violence and a bloody separatist movement. A woman Lashkar-e-Jhangvi suicide bomber had carried out the devastating attack on the university bus and her male accomplice struck a hospital in Quetta on Saturday.
At least 26 people, including 14 students, were killed in the attacks. The banned sectarian outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) has claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying they were carried out in retaliation for a raid against the group by security forces
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, three policemen were killed when militants attacked their check post in the Muslim Bagh area of Chaman in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter