Unidentified men kidnap relative of former Balochistan Gov
Karachi: Unidentified men today kidnapped a relative of a former Balochistan Governor from Mustung district. He was on his way to Quetta to claim the body of his daughter who died in a suicide attack on a university bus carrying women students in the southwestern Pakistani city.
Mahrullah Magsi, a close relative of former Governor Zulfiqar Magsi, was kidnapped with his driver and bodyguard in Dasht area while on way from Jhal Magsi to the capital city, said sources in paramilitary Balochistan Levies forces.
"We have recovered his jeep from the area but they have been kidnapped," one source said.
No one has claimed responsibility for their kidnapping.
Minerals and resources rich Balochistan province has been hit by sectarian violence and a bloody separatist movement. A woman Lashkar-e-Jhangvi suicide bomber had carried out the devastating attack on the university bus and her male accomplice struck a hospital in Quetta on Saturday.
At least 26 people, including 14 students, were killed in the attacks. The banned sectarian outfit Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) has claimed responsibility for the attacks, saying they were carried out in retaliation for a raid against the group by security forces
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, three policemen were killed when militants attacked their check post in the Muslim Bagh area of Chaman in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read