Union Minister Salman Khurshid to hold talks with Pakistan`s Sartaj Aziz today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Pakistan Foreign Minister Sartaj Aziz will attend the SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting in Maldives on Thursday.
The meeting between the two ministers is scheduled for a bilateral talk, as per the sources.
"However, the meeting should not be construed as resumption of the Indo-Pak comprehensive talks as there is a roadmap, agreed by the two countries, to be followed for the resumption of the talks," they said. Also there is no structured agenda for their meeting, the sources said.
Last time, Khurshid and Aziz met on the sidelines of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Foreign Ministers` meet in India during which they discussed issue of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) and trial of 26/11 terror case in Pakistan among other key bilateral issues.
Khurshid will also hold bilateral meeting with Maldivian Foreign Minister on Friday, a day after the 35th meeting of SAARC Foreign Ministers meeting which is expected to discuss prominently proposals on enhancing connectivity between SAARC countries, strengthening relations with observers, granting the observer status to Russia and Turkey, and trade.
The meeting will also talk about the next Secretary General from Nepal for the eight-member regional body.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations