UP Min with armed guards strays into Nepal, held
Kathmandu: A UP minister travelling near
the porous Indo-Nepal border landed in the custody of Nepal
police after her convoy inadvertently crossed over to the
Vidhya Chaudhary, the Womens Welfare Minister of Uttar
Pradesh was briefly arrested along with her entourage, before
being handed over to the Indian authorities.
The minister`s motorcade was already 22 km deep into
Nepalese territory when Nepalese police spotted her, Nepalnews
"Police arrested and handed over to their Indian
counterparts an Indian minister who had entered Nepal with her
armed security guards, Saturday," the paper said.
Her security guards later told Nepalese police on
interrogation that they had crossed over inadvertently while
travelling in the border areas.
Chaudhury, an MLA from BSP, was then handed over to
the Indian security officials after Nepalese police called the
nearest police station in India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed