UP Min with armed guards strays into Nepal, held
Kathmandu: A UP minister travelling near
the porous Indo-Nepal border landed in the custody of Nepal
police after her convoy inadvertently crossed over to the
Vidhya Chaudhary, the Womens Welfare Minister of Uttar
Pradesh was briefly arrested along with her entourage, before
being handed over to the Indian authorities.
The minister`s motorcade was already 22 km deep into
Nepalese territory when Nepalese police spotted her, Nepalnews
"Police arrested and handed over to their Indian
counterparts an Indian minister who had entered Nepal with her
armed security guards, Saturday," the paper said.
Her security guards later told Nepalese police on
interrogation that they had crossed over inadvertently while
travelling in the border areas.
Chaudhury, an MLA from BSP, was then handed over to
the Indian security officials after Nepalese police called the
nearest police station in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'