UP Minister with armed guards strays into Nepal, arrested
Kathmandu: A UP minister travelling near
the porous Indo-Nepal border landed in the custody of Nepal
police after her convoy inadvertently crossed over to the
Vidhya Chaudhary, the Womens Welfare Minister of Uttar
Pradesh was briefly arrested along with her entourage, before
being handed over to the Indian authorities.
The minister`s motorcade was already 22 km deep into
Nepalese territory when Nepalese police spotted her, Nepalnews
"Police arrested and handed over to their Indian
counterparts an Indian minister who had entered Nepal with her
armed security guards, Saturday," the paper said.
Her security guards later told Nepalese police on
interrogation that they had crossed over inadvertently while
travelling in the border areas.
Chaudhury, an MLA from BSP, was then handed over to
the Indian security officials after Nepalese police called the
nearest police station in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt