UP Minister with armed guards strays into Nepal, arrested
Kathmandu: A UP minister travelling near
the porous Indo-Nepal border landed in the custody of Nepal
police after her convoy inadvertently crossed over to the
Vidhya Chaudhary, the Womens Welfare Minister of Uttar
Pradesh was briefly arrested along with her entourage, before
being handed over to the Indian authorities.
The minister`s motorcade was already 22 km deep into
Nepalese territory when Nepalese police spotted her, Nepalnews
"Police arrested and handed over to their Indian
counterparts an Indian minister who had entered Nepal with her
armed security guards, Saturday," the paper said.
Her security guards later told Nepalese police on
interrogation that they had crossed over inadvertently while
travelling in the border areas.
Chaudhury, an MLA from BSP, was then handed over to
the Indian security officials after Nepalese police called the
nearest police station in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31