US aid to flood-hit Pakistan totals $76 mn
Washington: The US assistance to the flood-affected areas of Pakistan has totalled USD 76 million, the State Department said.
"As of this morning, the additional money that the US is providing is to Save the Children, and that`s USD 4.1 million. That will be used for food vouchers enabling flood victims to purchase food in their local markets," department spokesman Mark Toner said on Thursday.
Toner also said the 19 helicopters ordered by Defence Secretary Robert Gates to help the affected population will be in place over the next few days.
The US has recently announced several aid packages to Pakistan as the country encounters one of the worst floods in its history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi