US allocates 350K USD for research projects in Pak
Lahore: The United States has allocated 350,000 dollars this year for research projects in Pakistan, US Consulate General Economics Officer Frank P Talluto has said.
Talluto, while addressing the concluding session of a summer research camp on ``Developing Research Plan and Proposal``, said the US administration was focusing on Pakistan`s educational capacity building through science and technology programmes, reports the Daily Times.
Talluto said academia and institutional linkages should be strengthened between the two countries, adding that 14 US universities were collaborating with Pakistani universities.
He said the US Science and Technology Programme was working only in two countries of the world, one of which is Pakistan.
The Biostatistical Consulting Centre (BCC) at University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS) will provide critical research-infrastructure support to investigators and students in Pakistan conducting high-quality research, he said.
UVAS Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Talat Naseer Pasha said the young researchers would get educational expertise to overcome their statistical deficiencies, especially in project-making, research paper and interpretation of research results to determine impact on animal population as well as human community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border