US ambassador opens two schools in Sri Lanka
Colombo: US ambassador Michele Sison has opened two new refurbished schools in Sri Lanka`s east that were badly damaged during the country`s long-standing ethnic conflict.
Sison opened the Kalumunthanveli General Tamil Mixed School at Porathivu Pattu and the Munaikadu Vivekananda in Paddipalai in Batticaloa district Tuesday, an embassy statement said Wednesday.
Funds from the US Agency for International Development and the US Pacific Command built and renovated the classrooms, teachers quarters and lavatories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief