US ambassador opens two schools in Sri Lanka
Colombo: US ambassador Michele Sison has opened two new refurbished schools in Sri Lanka`s east that were badly damaged during the country`s long-standing ethnic conflict.
Sison opened the Kalumunthanveli General Tamil Mixed School at Porathivu Pattu and the Munaikadu Vivekananda in Paddipalai in Batticaloa district Tuesday, an embassy statement said Wednesday.
Funds from the US Agency for International Development and the US Pacific Command built and renovated the classrooms, teachers quarters and lavatories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH