US ambassador opens two schools in Sri Lanka
Colombo: US ambassador Michele Sison has opened two new refurbished schools in Sri Lanka`s east that were badly damaged during the country`s long-standing ethnic conflict.
Sison opened the Kalumunthanveli General Tamil Mixed School at Porathivu Pattu and the Munaikadu Vivekananda in Paddipalai in Batticaloa district Tuesday, an embassy statement said Wednesday.
Funds from the US Agency for International Development and the US Pacific Command built and renovated the classrooms, teachers quarters and lavatories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!