US ambassador opens two schools in Sri Lanka
Colombo: US ambassador Michele Sison has opened two new refurbished schools in Sri Lanka`s east that were badly damaged during the country`s long-standing ethnic conflict.
Sison opened the Kalumunthanveli General Tamil Mixed School at Porathivu Pattu and the Munaikadu Vivekananda in Paddipalai in Batticaloa district Tuesday, an embassy statement said Wednesday.
Funds from the US Agency for International Development and the US Pacific Command built and renovated the classrooms, teachers quarters and lavatories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player