US amendment to end Pak aid till Dr Afridi is released
Washington: A Republican Senator with presidential ambition moved an amendment on the Senate floor to cut off all foreign aid to Pakistan until Shakeel Afridi, a key informant in the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden, is released from prison.
"Pakistan`s actions are unacceptable and not suitable for any country wishing to receive a single dollar from US taxpayers - especially considering their country is one of the largest recipients," said Senator Rand Paul, as he moved Amendment 379, to Senate Con Res 8, the Budget Resolution.
"Foreign aid to Pakistan must be prohibited until Afridi is released from prison, and his safety is guaranteed," said Paul.
Senator Paul from Kentucky had won the conservative straw poll for among potential Republican presidential candidate for 2016.
This is not for the first time that Senator Paul has moved such a resolution, which have failed to see the light of the day several times in the past.
Last year he had also blocked the Confirmation of the US Ambassador to Pakistan on this issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!