‘US angry at ISI support to Haqqani network’
Washington: Adopting a tough stance against
Pakistan, a top Republican Senator has charged its
intelligence agency with continuing to support the Haqqani
network and other terrorist groups.
"Pakistan`s intelligence agency continues to support the
Haqqani Network and other terrorist groups that are killing US
and Afghan forces in Afghanistan, and the vast majority of the
material used to make improvised explosive devices originates
from two fertilizer factories in Pakistan," Senator John
The Republican presidential candidate in 2008 election,
McCain said all Americans are deeply saddened by the tragic
loss of Pakistani soldiers in cross-border air attack.
"I fully support NATO`s commitment to investigate this
tragedy thoroughly and immediately. It`s important to note
that certain facts in Pakistan continue to complicate
significantly the ability of coalition and Afghan forces to
succeed in Afghanistan," he said.
Later in an interview to Fox Business, McCain noted that
Pakistan has every reason to be angry at the killing of its
troops, but argued that such things do happen in war.
At the same time, the Senator stressed that the US too
was angry with Pakistan on a number of issues.
"I think they should be angry whenever something like
that happens and it`s a tragedy and we have expressed our
condolences and the military commander there, and our
ambassador and everybody and we here regret it enormously.
"But the fact is, we are in a war, these things happen in
wars, as tragic as it is. We also have many reasons to be very
unhappy with what the Pakistanis have been doing, including
the ISI, their intelligence group, supporting the Haqqani
network that are killing Americans," McCain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks