‘US angry at ISI support to Haqqani network’
Washington: Adopting a tough stance against
Pakistan, a top Republican Senator has charged its
intelligence agency with continuing to support the Haqqani
network and other terrorist groups.
"Pakistan`s intelligence agency continues to support the
Haqqani Network and other terrorist groups that are killing US
and Afghan forces in Afghanistan, and the vast majority of the
material used to make improvised explosive devices originates
from two fertilizer factories in Pakistan," Senator John
The Republican presidential candidate in 2008 election,
McCain said all Americans are deeply saddened by the tragic
loss of Pakistani soldiers in cross-border air attack.
"I fully support NATO`s commitment to investigate this
tragedy thoroughly and immediately. It`s important to note
that certain facts in Pakistan continue to complicate
significantly the ability of coalition and Afghan forces to
succeed in Afghanistan," he said.
Later in an interview to Fox Business, McCain noted that
Pakistan has every reason to be angry at the killing of its
troops, but argued that such things do happen in war.
At the same time, the Senator stressed that the US too
was angry with Pakistan on a number of issues.
"I think they should be angry whenever something like
that happens and it`s a tragedy and we have expressed our
condolences and the military commander there, and our
ambassador and everybody and we here regret it enormously.
"But the fact is, we are in a war, these things happen in
wars, as tragic as it is. We also have many reasons to be very
unhappy with what the Pakistanis have been doing, including
the ISI, their intelligence group, supporting the Haqqani
network that are killing Americans," McCain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS