US Army recommends trial for Afghanistan suicide
Kabul: US military investigators have
recommended a court martial for four American troops over the
suicide of their fellow infantryman who shot himself in a
guard tower in southern Afghanistan.
Pvt Danny Chen from New York City shot himself on October
3 after what investigators say were weeks of racial slurs,
humiliation and physical abuse by his colleagues.
The US military said today that the four being recommended
for court-martial are Staff Sgt Andrew Van Bockel of Aberdeen,
South Dakota; Sgt Jeffrey Hurst of Brooklyn, Iowa; Sgt Adam
Holcomb of Youngstown, Ohio, and Spc Thomas Curtis of
They face charges ranging from maltreatment to negligent
Four other US soldiers are facing charges in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi