US Army recommends trial for Afghanistan suicide
Kabul: US military investigators have
recommended a court martial for four American troops over the
suicide of their fellow infantryman who shot himself in a
guard tower in southern Afghanistan.
Pvt Danny Chen from New York City shot himself on October
3 after what investigators say were weeks of racial slurs,
humiliation and physical abuse by his colleagues.
The US military said today that the four being recommended
for court-martial are Staff Sgt Andrew Van Bockel of Aberdeen,
South Dakota; Sgt Jeffrey Hurst of Brooklyn, Iowa; Sgt Adam
Holcomb of Youngstown, Ohio, and Spc Thomas Curtis of
They face charges ranging from maltreatment to negligent
Four other US soldiers are facing charges in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala