US Army recommends trial for Afghanistan suicide
Kabul: US military investigators have
recommended a court martial for four American troops over the
suicide of their fellow infantryman who shot himself in a
guard tower in southern Afghanistan.
Pvt Danny Chen from New York City shot himself on October
3 after what investigators say were weeks of racial slurs,
humiliation and physical abuse by his colleagues.
The US military said today that the four being recommended
for court-martial are Staff Sgt Andrew Van Bockel of Aberdeen,
South Dakota; Sgt Jeffrey Hurst of Brooklyn, Iowa; Sgt Adam
Holcomb of Youngstown, Ohio, and Spc Thomas Curtis of
They face charges ranging from maltreatment to negligent
Four other US soldiers are facing charges in the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah