US Army recommends trial for Afghanistan suicide
Kabul: US military investigators have
recommended a court martial for four American troops over the
suicide of their fellow infantryman who shot himself in a
guard tower in southern Afghanistan.
Pvt Danny Chen from New York City shot himself on October
3 after what investigators say were weeks of racial slurs,
humiliation and physical abuse by his colleagues.
The US military said today that the four being recommended
for court-martial are Staff Sgt Andrew Van Bockel of Aberdeen,
South Dakota; Sgt Jeffrey Hurst of Brooklyn, Iowa; Sgt Adam
Holcomb of Youngstown, Ohio, and Spc Thomas Curtis of
They face charges ranging from maltreatment to negligent
Four other US soldiers are facing charges in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?