US backs Afghan-led reconciliation process: Pentagon
Washington: The US supports an Afghan-led reconciliation process in Afghanistan and strongly believes in a solution that is essentially a political one for that country, the Pentagon said Wednesday.
"We`ve said for a very long time that reconciliation in Afghanistan is an Afghan-led process and that it`s not just a military solution at the end of the day that we seek but it`s also a political one," Pentagon Press Secretary, George Little, said.
"This is really for the Afghans to sort out, at the end of the day. Where possible and where appropriate, we`ll stand ready to assist," Little told Pentagon reporters at a news conference.
Responding to another question, Little said the Pentagon takes border incidents very seriously.
"These incidents are something for the Afghans and the Pakistanis to sort out," Little said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read