US backs Afghan-led reconciliation process: Pentagon
Washington: The US supports an Afghan-led reconciliation process in Afghanistan and strongly believes in a solution that is essentially a political one for that country, the Pentagon said Wednesday.
"We`ve said for a very long time that reconciliation in Afghanistan is an Afghan-led process and that it`s not just a military solution at the end of the day that we seek but it`s also a political one," Pentagon Press Secretary, George Little, said.
"This is really for the Afghans to sort out, at the end of the day. Where possible and where appropriate, we`ll stand ready to assist," Little told Pentagon reporters at a news conference.
Responding to another question, Little said the Pentagon takes border incidents very seriously.
"These incidents are something for the Afghans and the Pakistanis to sort out," Little said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda