US bans Pak minister for bounty on anti-Islam filmmaker`s head
Islamabad: The United States has banned a Pakistani minister from visiting the country over his announcement of a bounty on the head of the maker of an anti-Islam movie.
Minister for Railways Ghulam Ahmad Bilour announced in September that he would give a $100,000 award to anyone who killed the maker of "Innocence of Muslims" which was produced in the US, reported Xinhua, citing Pakistani media.
The Pakistani government had disowned remarks by the minister but Bilour said he would not withdraw his announcement.
He had also urged Taliban to carry out what he had called a "noble deed".
Media in Pakistan reported Friday that the US embassy in Islamabad had cancelled visas of Bilour and his wife, and banned them from visiting the country.
"I have received a call from the embassy today, informing me about the ban and cancellation of visas," Express TV quoted Bilour as saying.
He again defended his bounty statement and emphasised the need for an international law which would make such profane acts a punishable crime across the world.
Britain had already banned the entry of Bilour.
Bilour said he was not worried whether the US or Britain restricted his entry into their countries.
The spokesperson of the US embassy in Islamabad refused to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists