US can contact me whenever they want: Saeed
Islamabad: Hafiz Saeed, the Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief for whom the US has announced a bounty of $10 million, has said that America can contact him "whenever they want", a media report said.
"I am living my life in the open and the US can contact me whenever they want," Saeed said on Geo TV`s `Capital Talk` programme.
The US Monday announced an award of up to $10 million for information leading to arrest and conviction of Saeed and $2 million for Hafiz Adbul Rahman Makki, under the Rewards for Justice programme.
"The US government is listening to the Indian lobby and not making its own decisions," Saeed was quoted as saying.
Saeed had earlier told the Al Jazeera TV channel that the US move had come as he had been organising rallies against the re-opening of supply lines to NATO forces in Afghanistan.
Airstrikes last Nov 26 on two Pakistani Army checkposts in the Mohmand Agency in the northwest had killed two dozen soldiers, sparking outrage in Pakistan.
Islamabad promptly barred the passage of NATO supplies through the country and decided to boycott an international conference focussed on the future course of action in Afghanistan. It also told the US to vacate the key Shamsi airbase that was used to launch drone attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand