US can contact me whenever they want: Saeed
Islamabad: Hafiz Saeed, the Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief for whom the US has announced a bounty of $10 million, has said that America can contact him "whenever they want", a media report said.
"I am living my life in the open and the US can contact me whenever they want," Saeed said on Geo TV`s `Capital Talk` programme.
The US Monday announced an award of up to $10 million for information leading to arrest and conviction of Saeed and $2 million for Hafiz Adbul Rahman Makki, under the Rewards for Justice programme.
"The US government is listening to the Indian lobby and not making its own decisions," Saeed was quoted as saying.
Saeed had earlier told the Al Jazeera TV channel that the US move had come as he had been organising rallies against the re-opening of supply lines to NATO forces in Afghanistan.
Airstrikes last Nov 26 on two Pakistani Army checkposts in the Mohmand Agency in the northwest had killed two dozen soldiers, sparking outrage in Pakistan.
Islamabad promptly barred the passage of NATO supplies through the country and decided to boycott an international conference focussed on the future course of action in Afghanistan. It also told the US to vacate the key Shamsi airbase that was used to launch drone attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill