US citizen detained at Peshawar airport
Islamabad: An American national, whose Pakistani visa had expired in October last year, was on Saturday detained at the Peshawar airport while trying to fly to the US via Dubai, a media report said.
Aaron Mark De Haven was prevented from flying out of the country by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Geo News reported.
FIA officials said De Haven was "blacklisted" as he had overstayed his Pakistani visa that expired in October. He had earlier been told not to leave the country without informing the police.
The American, who hails from West Virginia in the US, would be allowed to leave only after getting clearance from the Interior Ministry, officials said.
De Haven was earlier arrested in Peshawar in February for overstaying illegally.
He reportedly worked in an agency in Peshawar that provided security to foreign nationals visiting Pakistan. De Haven also married a Pakistani woman who was his colleague in the office.
The American national also reportedly converted to Islam three years back and was living in Peshawar by the name of Haroon, according to Dawn News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest