US citizen detained at Peshawar airport
Islamabad: An American national, whose Pakistani visa had expired in October last year, was on Saturday detained at the Peshawar airport while trying to fly to the US via Dubai, a media report said.
Aaron Mark De Haven was prevented from flying out of the country by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Geo News reported.
FIA officials said De Haven was "blacklisted" as he had overstayed his Pakistani visa that expired in October. He had earlier been told not to leave the country without informing the police.
The American, who hails from West Virginia in the US, would be allowed to leave only after getting clearance from the Interior Ministry, officials said.
De Haven was earlier arrested in Peshawar in February for overstaying illegally.
He reportedly worked in an agency in Peshawar that provided security to foreign nationals visiting Pakistan. De Haven also married a Pakistani woman who was his colleague in the office.
The American national also reportedly converted to Islam three years back and was living in Peshawar by the name of Haroon, according to Dawn News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`