US citizen detained at Peshawar airport
Islamabad: An American national, whose Pakistani visa had expired in October last year, was on Saturday detained at the Peshawar airport while trying to fly to the US via Dubai, a media report said.
Aaron Mark De Haven was prevented from flying out of the country by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Geo News reported.
FIA officials said De Haven was "blacklisted" as he had overstayed his Pakistani visa that expired in October. He had earlier been told not to leave the country without informing the police.
The American, who hails from West Virginia in the US, would be allowed to leave only after getting clearance from the Interior Ministry, officials said.
De Haven was earlier arrested in Peshawar in February for overstaying illegally.
He reportedly worked in an agency in Peshawar that provided security to foreign nationals visiting Pakistan. De Haven also married a Pakistani woman who was his colleague in the office.
The American national also reportedly converted to Islam three years back and was living in Peshawar by the name of Haroon, according to Dawn News.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone