US commends Nepal on recent progress
Washington: The United States on Thursday commended Nepalese political leaders on the progress made on drafting of the new Constitution, and urged all the stake holders to move forward in the spirit of compromise.
"The United States commends Nepal`s political leaders on their recent progress toward drafting a new Constitution," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said.
"While the issues are complex and challenging, all parties have demonstrated a willingness to make the difficult compromises necessary to reconcile the concerns of Nepal`s many different communities and advance the interests of the nation as a whole," the spokesperson said.
"In the coming days, we urge all political parties and interest groups to move forward in this spirit of compromise, expressing their views peacefully and respecting the rights of others," Nuland said.
The US official exuded confidence the parties will continue to make progress and successfully complete work on a Constitution that safeguards the rights of all citizens and reaffirms the national commitment to creating a representative and democratic Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch