US condemns blast near Indian Consulate in Afghanistan
Washington: The US has condemned the suicide bomb attack near Indian Consulate in Jalalabad city of Afghanistan, that left 12 persons dead.
"The United States condemns in strongest terms the attack near the Indian consulate in Jalalabad, which took the lives of innocent civilians, including women and children," State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said.
Psaki asserted that the US and India are committed to working with Afghans towards long term peace, stability and prosperity in this war torn country.
"We extend our deepest condolences to the families of those killed in this senseless attack," she said.
"Despite today`s attack, we remain committed to working with our Afghan, Indian, and other international partners to build a secure and prosperous Afghanistan free from senseless violence," Psaki said.
The blast in Jalalabad city bordering Pakistan occurred yesterday in the backdrop of reports that the ISI-backed Haqqani network was again plotting to attack Indian interests in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in