US delegation protests illegal detention of diplomat in Pak
Islamabad: A US Congressional delegation
protested the "continued illegal detention" of an American
diplomat in Lahore during a meeting with Pakistan Prime
Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday.
The bipartisan delegation comprising US Representatives
Buck McKeon, John Kline and Silvestre Reyes called on the
Pakistan government "to abide by its obligation under
international and Pakistani law to recognize his diplomatic
immunity and immediately release him", said a brief statement
issued by the US embassy.
The US has stepped up pressure on Pakistan to release
consular employee Raymond Davis, who was arrested after he
shot and killed two alleged robbers in Lahore on January 27.
A third Pakistani died when he was hit by a US consulate
vehicle rushing to the aid of Davis.
The US has made two demands for the release of Davis in
the past seven days, saying his "continued detention is a
gross violation of international law".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read